Overview of Collected Information
When creating an account, as an account holder, your data is *your data*. Outside of standard system-level maintenance and error logs, and the information provided during registration, KD-reCall collects no identifiable information on anyone, and with what is provided, is not shared with anyone.
Incidental Data Collection
The following items systematically collect site visitor data, but are only used to aid in troubleshooting and identifying issues:
- Network Traffic Logs
- Web Server Logs
Third Party Services
Outside of standard web hosting, database, and email systems, the kdrecall.com website uses the following third party services:
Each KD-reCall mobile app has its own 'About' panel which provides detailed insights into all the app's licenses, all provided directly via Flutter:
- Flutter.dev: A free and open-source mobile UI framework created by Google
Do Not Disturb List
Deterrents for both registration and 'verify email' are set to 5 minutes each, and both login and Forgot Password requests are throttled at 3 requests. Feel free to contact KD-reCall support should you determine your email address is being misused or abused.
How it works
- When you receive emails from KD-reCall (kdcinfo.com), they will include an option at the bottom to add your email to the KD-reCall DND list.
- To reverse the DND process, you'll need to contact support, and provide the email you'd like to be reset to its initial verification state.
Account holders can change their password at any time. Options for changing passwords are as follows:
- If *logged in* to any app, the change password option is on the Account Settings screen, which is accessible from the Settings Menu, and the left-side Drawer Menu
- If *logged out*, passwords can be changed from the login panel on any app---or from the KD-reCall website login and sign-up page. Simply enter your email and click the 'forgot password' button to start the 'password reset' process.
Because all KD-reCall mobile apps share the same registration info, changing a password only needs to be done from one app, or from the KD-reCall website.
Logout actions from within the app are available from both the Settings Menu, and the (hamburger/left-to-right-swipe) Drawer Menu.
- Users are only logged out when the Logout button is tapped, or if their device's storage is cleared.
- If the 'Save Email' checkbox was checked when logging in, the email field will be prepopulated after logout, when returned to the login screen.
- Although all KD-reCall apps share the same login information, each app must be logged into, and out of, individually.
Account holders can delete their account at any time. Follow the steps below to permanently remove your account from the entire KD-reCall system:
- 1. From any KD-reCall app, or the web interface, log in and access the Account Settings screen.
- 2. Press the 'Remove Account' button.
- 3. Enter your password and press the 'Delete My Account' button.
- You will be logged out of the app or web interface, and all of your data will be completely removed.
- This action is usually completed within no more than a few seconds.
- If any other KD-reCall apps are open, they will be logged out on their next authentication-based action.
Account deletion involves the permanent deletion of all account data files, as well as all database records.
- Deletions are permanent.
- Deletions are irrevocable.
- Deletions are irreversible.
- Deletions CANNOT be undone.
KD-reCall apps are free and ad-free. However, should traffic increase too much, consideration will need to be made in an effort to subsidize any additional system costs incurred.
- For instance, it could become necessary to add ads, or, perhaps leverage a paid-tier approach by offering additional benefits for the app suite. That said, efforts will be made to continue the premise of all KD-reCall reminder apps being free to all.
Being a completely free app, please note that there cannot be any expectations of liability for anyone's data. Account owners are ultimately responsible for their own content.
- Short term data is stored temporarily in your device's storage, while the more long term, 'source-of-truth' data is stored in a secure database using the latest cryptographic methods.
- Should anything happen to the data, all attempts will be made to see that it is restored in as timely a manner as humanly possible. However, data recovery in general cannot be absolutely guaranteed.
- An Import/Export feature can likely be implemented should there be an interest in it.
App Services Uptime
Being the web and database portions of KD-reCall are hosted using a third party hosting service, they are, by the very nature of all things electronic and Internet-related, susceptible to the whims of electricity, the Internet, and everything within and without.
- In other words, the site could possibly experience temporary outages for nonspecific durations.
- While third party services typically guarantee 100% uptime (which most likely use an algorithm that allows for rounding), personal observations---from developing on the app full time---would be more along the lines of ~98% uptime.
Permission is hereby granted to any person or organization obtaining a copy of the KD-reCall mobile app (the "App") to run the App on their device[s] and to publish, without restriction not listed below, any output produced by the App, including screenshots.
- This license prohibits any person or organization who is not in ownership of the kdrecall.com domain ("User") from copying, publishing, and/or distributing source code in either whole or in part, and in either original or modified form, from the App, the KD-reCall website ("Site"), or any reference materials pertaining to either.
- This license prohibits any User from making the App or applicable references available for public use, commercial or non-commercial, in either original or modified form.
- This license also prohibits any User from claiming ownership or authorship of the App, Site, or applicable references.
- THIS APP IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR APP AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY ARISING FROM, OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE APP OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE APP.
Bug and feature requests are welcome for all KD-reCall apps. Please tap the App Support link below to submit a suggestion or bug via the project issue tracker.
In addition to the app's support and issue tracker, a 'Contact Form' is also provided on all KD-reCall website, allowing communication to be sent directly to KD-reCall support. From the web-based interface, the Contact Form is available:
- as a mail icon in the upper right corner,
- as a link in the footer on each page, and
- as a link from the left side drawer menu (accessible via the hamburger button).
If you have any direct questions about this site, or its collection of information, please feel free to use the contact form.
Communication requiring replies are typically replied to within 2 to 48 hours.